Hair extensions come in the form of either synthetic hair or human hair. Both are made of similar, yet very different fibers. However, there are some very important differences between the two, which need to be considered before you make a decision.
In the article below, we have listed the pros and cons of each, synthetic hair extensions and human hair extensions.We hope it will be helpful for you.
Human hair extensions
These extensions are made from real human hair that is collected from a donor. In India, for example, a lot of religious people shave their heads due to certain rituals or devotion. This hair then goes through a process where its cleaned and then used to make hair extensions and human hair wigs.
- Most natural looking. The hair color, texture and feel is way better than synthetic, since its real hair.
- It is heat resistant, which means you can safely use a straightener or a curling iron if you are using a heat protectant.
- You are able to style it in many different ways.
- Human hair extensions are way more versatile as you are able to color it matching to your own hair color.
- Human hair is slightly more expensive than synthetic hair, due to the process of collecting it. However, when it comes to quality, it far outweighs the cost.
Synthetic hair extensions
Synthetic hair is made of plastic fibers, which are manufactured in a way to look like human hair. A type of low- grade acrylic is heated and made into strands to look like hair fibers. These are then used to make hair extensions and hair wigs.
- Synthetic hair is cheaper than human hair, since its made from artificial fibers and not hair that’s grown from a human head.
- It is humidity resistant, so the weather won’t cause any frizz and your style does not get affected.
- Synthetic hair is not heat resistant, so its difficult to use straighteners or curling irons to style your hair at high heat.
- Synthetic hair cannot be colored. In fact, they can’t handle any kind of chemical processes.
- Not as natural looking as human hair.
These were the differences in human hair and synthetic hair. Your choice depends on your requirement. Feel free to give us a call for any further assistance.